In Outlook, you can view the availability and book a conference room or other shared resources if it is included in the Global Address list. In order to schedule and book the room in Outlook, the room must have a calendar account created. Once this account is created, rooms will display as ~Department Name – room# (e.g., ~ITS – Conference Room 100) in the Global Address list and can be managed in Outlook.
The first step is to create a calendar account for the room, and after reading this article, staff, faculty, and student employees should be able to:
- Request a room mailbox and calendar
How to request a room mailbox
Contact ITS Help Center at (860) 486-4357 or email@example.com with the following information:
- The name you would like to create for the room. Provide it in the following format: ~Department Name – room#
- The NetID for staff or student#### or NetIDWork for student employees who require author access. Authors may add entries and edit/delete their own entries.
- The NetID for staff or student#### or NetIDWork for student employees who require editor access. Editors may add entries and edit/ delete all entries.
- The NetID for staff or student#### or NetIDWork for student employees who require read-only access. Read-only access allows users to view existing entries but not to make any changes.
A resource#### will be provided by ITS once the account has been created. Permissions will be set approximately one hour after the account has been created. Once these settings are in place, the room will be included in the Global Address list, and designated employees, students, and faculty can manage scheduling for the room via Outlook.
Last Modified: 10/31/2017