After reading this article faculty and staff should be able to:
- Setup any of the following email clients to access their Office 365 email
- Outlook for Windows
- Outlook for Mac
- Apple Mail
Office 365 is a collection of cloud-based tools through which UConn faculty and staff have their official UConn email account and calendar.
Apple Mail is the built-in email client for Mac operating systems.
Outlook for Windows
Outlook 2013 & 2016
- Open the Windows Start menu, search for the Control Panel, and click on the icon for Mail.
- Click the Show Profiles button (note: if this is the first time you have setup your email you may not see this dialogue).
- Click the Add… button to create a new email account.
- Enter a Descriptive Name as your profile name and click OK.
- The Email Account fields should auto populate. Click Next to continue.
- A pop up will appear with your NetID@ad.uconn.edu. Replace that with your FirstName.LastName@uconn.edu.
- Enter Your NetID password, then check “Remember my credentials.” Click OK.
- Click Finish.
Outlook for Mac
Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Open Outlook
- Navigate to Tools > Accounts
- Click Add Email Account or + at bottom left of window.
- Enter your UConn Office 365 email address and click Continue.
- Enter your Office 365 password and click OK.
- Click Done and Exit out of Accounts window.
Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Open Outlook
- Navigate to Outlook > Preferences…
- Click Accounts.
- Select Exchange Account.
- Uncheck the Configure automatically option and enter the appropriate information in the fields as shown in the screenshot below then click Add Account.
- Outlook account is added. Exit out of Accounts window.
- Open System Preferences and click on Internet Accounts.
- Click on Exchange.
- Enter your information as follows;
- Name: First.LastName@uconn.edu
- Email Address: First.LastName@uconn.edu
- Password: NetID Password
- Select Mail and any other Apps you want to use with this account.
- Click Done.
Keywords: Office365, Outlook, Exchange, Apple Mail, Windows, Mac, setup
Last Modified: 6/16/2017