After reading this article, you will know how to request a SharePoint site and the capabilities it will give you.
SharePoint is a web application framework and platform that enables website development, document and file management, and connections through social networks and includes an enterprise search and business intelligence tools. It is one of several tools in Office 365 that enable file sharing and management and facilitate collaboration. Read Comparison of SharePoint, Groups, and OneDriveto find the right app for you and the task you wish to accomplish.
To get a SharePoint site created for you, send an email to the UITS Help Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) that states that you are requesting a SharePoint site. This message will create a ticket and a UITS administrator will respond.
As the requester of the site, you will become the site administrator and will be able to:
- Create subsite(s) under the main site and assign ownership as desired
- Self-assist for SharePoint related questions
- Restore data deleted from a subsite at the site level
- Enable/disable version history on the site/subsite and restore major versions of documents
- Customize the SharePoint webpage
- Manage permissions on the site as desired
Last Modified: 9/12/2017