After reading this article students, faculty, and staff should be able to:
- Setup any of the following email clients to access their Gmail
- Outlook for Windows
- Outlook for Mac
- Apple Mail
Apple Mail is the built-in email client for Mac operating systems.
Outlook for Windows
- Open the Windows Start menu, search for the Control Panel, and click on the icon for Mail.
- Click the Show Profiles button (note: if this is the first time you have setup your email you may not see this dialogue).
- Click the Add… button to create a new email account.
- Enter a Descriptive Name as your profile name and click OK.
- In the Email Account fields, enter the following information:
- Your Name: First name Last name
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Password: NetID password
- Retype password: NetID password
- Click Next to continue.
- A pop up will appear with your firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter Your NetID password, and then check “Remember my credentials.” Click OK.
- Click Finish.
Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook.
- Navigate to Tools > Accounts.
- Click Add Account or + at the bottom left of the window.
- Enter your UConn Gmail address and click Continue.
- Exit out of the Office 365 login that pops up.
- On the set up your email window, click Not Office365?
- Click Gmail.
- Enter your Gmail password.
- Click Done and Exit out of Accounts window.
- Open Apple Mail and go to Mail > Add Account…
- Select Google and click Continue.
- Enter your email (email@example.com) and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Next.
- Select Mail and any other Apps you want to use with this account.
- Click Done.
Keywords: Outlook, Gmail, Mac, email, Apple Mail, Google, G Suite, desktop, setup
Last Modified: 6/16/2017