After reading this article students, faculty, and staff should be able to:
- Remove an email account from any of the following desktop mail clients:
- Outlook for Windows
- Outlook for Mac
- Apple Mail
Outlook for Windows
- Select File.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, then select Remove.
- Select Yes to confirm.
Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook.
- Navigate to Tools > Accounts.
- Select the account you want to remove, then click the minus sign (–) at the bottom left corner of the Accounts window.
- Click Delete.
- Open Apple Mail.
- Navigate to Mail > Accounts…
- Select the account you want to remove.
- Click the minus sign (–) at the bottom left corner of Accounts window.
- Click OK.
Keywords: Outlook, Apple Mail, Windows, Mac, email, desktop, mail client, remove
Last Modified: 5/25/2017