This guide describes how to upload or record videos on YouTube and post them in HuskyCT.
For more information please refer to this article on Uploading Videos to YouTube.
1. Login to HuskyCT and open your course site.
2. Find an area in HuskyCT where you would like to post your video (This can be anywhere where you see the content editor). Examples include content items, discussion boards, announcements, grader feedback.
3. Click on the Record from Webcam (even if you are uploading a video you already uploaded to YouTube).
4. Sign in to YouTube using your UConn Google Apps account (email@example.com).
5. If you would like record from your webcam, click Record from Webcam. If you would like to use another video you already uploaded to YouTube, click Browse.
a. Click Record from Webcam.
b. When you are prompted by Adobe Flash to enable the player settings, accept or agree.
c. Agree to allow the recorder to upload videos to YouTube.
d. Click Start Recording. When you are finished, click Stop Recording.
e. Click Upload to save your video on YouTube.
f. From the content editor window, select Submit to publish your changes in HuskyCT.
a. Find the uploaded video, and select to insert, preview, or edit. Click Insert to add the video to the content editor. You can choose between:
- Play in place: Plays the video in the current location. Users can resize the video size to match the content. A placeholder appears in the content editor where your video will play for viewers.
- Thumbnail: A small image of the video is displayed. Users click on the thumbnail to view the video in a new window.
b. From the content editor window, select Submit to publish your changes in HuskyCT.